On Thursday, 29 December 2016 at 09:57:25 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
On Thursday, 29 December 2016 at 09:24:23 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
Sorry for delay in following up on this. Yes, the same problem occurs with dmd 2.071 (as installed from the deb package downloaded from dlang.org).

Specifically, I tested with 2.071.2, which I understand is the exact same frontend version as LDC 1.1.0-beta6.

So, looks like the issue could be backend-related?

Just to re-raise the issue: it's a blocker for what would otherwise be quite a nice and useful PR for Phobos: https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/5011

Assuming a fix is not on the cards any time soon, if anyone could suggest an alternative way to achieve the desired result, I'd be very grateful.

I should probably also create a formal issue for this. Any thoughts on how best to break it down into a minimal example? It does not appear easy to do so at first glance :-\