On Friday, 20 January 2017 at 08:13:08 UTC, drug wrote:
Something like that https://goo.gl/C4nOqw
Because you generate code iterating over AliasSeq you can do almost everything you need - for example generate setters/getters.

Interesting site, I wouldn't implemente something like this in a public server but sure it's useful.

Regarding the example, looks interesting though it raises s a few doubts (forgive me if they sound silly):

What's UAP?

Where does one define the size for a field using AliasSeq, and in this example, why does it take 1 bit if the size is not declared anywhere? (also, why does it compile when the last field terminates with a comma?)

alias Fields = AliasSeq!(
        ushort,     "field0",
        ubyte,      "field1",
        uint,       "field2",
        ubyte,      "field3",
        bool,       "field4",
        bool,       "field5",
        bool,       "field6",
        ubyte,      "field7",
);

Why does the switch apply to the remainder of the modulo operation, does Fields contains indexes to types and names as if it was an array?