On Wednesday, 1 February 2017 at 06:58:43 UTC, osa1 wrote:
I'm wondering what
are the implications of the fact that current GC is a Boehm-style conservative GC rather than a precise one, I've never worked with a conservative GC before.

The GC isn't competitive with the ones you find in GC languages (Java, Go etc). E.g. Go is now aiming for GC pauses in the microseconds range.

Resource management in D is rather lacklustre, even C++ does better imho. D seems to move towards using thread local ref-counting and making GC optional. I guess that would be ok on cpus with few cores, but not really adequate on many core CPUs.