On Monday, 13 March 2017 at 19:51:59 UTC, Inquie wrote:

This is wrong. It is a language feature.

#region lets you specify a block of code that you can expand or collapse when using the outlining feature of the Visual Studio Code Editor. In longer code files, it is convenient to be able to collapse or hide one or more regions so that you can focus on the part of the file that you are currently working on. The following example shows how to define a region:

Obviously it is useful for the IDE, but if it was not a language feature then the code would not compile(as it's not a comment).

From my understanding of the feature, it does the same as

// region

... code to be folded ...

// endregion

An IDE can then read those comments and allow code folding. It might meet some definition of a language feature, but it is nothing more than a comment.

I use visual studio and if it was an IDE feature then I could insert #regions in it and it would compile. This would, of course, break anyone else code that doesn't use an IDE that supports it... hence it has to be a language feature(or some type of meta comment thing, which it is not in this case).

I don't understand how it would break your code.