On Monday, 13 March 2017 at 14:15:05 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Monday, 13 March 2017 at 14:09:58 UTC, Inquie wrote:
Yeah, so, surely though we can extract the names from the variable and then supply those like I mentioned?

Yeah, we prolly could, but a simpler thing might be to just use typeof:

        Tuple!(int, "A")[] x;
        x ~= typeof(x[0])(3);

x ~= tuple!x(3)

? Seems like it would probably be rather trivial with a bit of template code?

Yeah, tuple could certainly adapt to do that too, but I see you would write:

x ~= tuple!typeof(x)(3, 5.0);

and the `tuple!` there is unnecessary: if you already use `typeof(x[0])` (you still need a `[0]` in there to get the type of the element instead of the array), then you can just construct it right there with the next set of parens.

Yeah, I didn't know one could do that. Seems to be better ;) Thanks.