On Saturday, 18 March 2017 at 01:33:13 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
On Saturday, 18 March 2017 at 00:34:57 UTC, XavierAP wrote:
Is this a known issue with D on GitHub? Should I report it I guess? How smart is GH that it doesn't look at the file extension? What happened?

The extension .d can legitimately refer to makefiles as well (specifically, to dependency files).

The code GitHub uses to infer source file languages is open-source, and – fittingly – available on GitHub: https://github.com/github/linguist

You should check the issues for reports of similar D-related problems, and if there are none, create a new one. Or, better yet, submit a pull request with an appropriate fix.

As a workaround, adding a "module …;" declaration to your file should help. You probably want to be doing that anyway.

 — David

FWIW this has been fixed by Martin last summer, but the people at GitHub aren't very responsive. The PR is still pending :/
More info:

https://trello.com/c/g9PB3ISG/233-improve-d-language-recognition-on-github
https://github.com/github/linguist/pull/3145