On Monday, 15 May 2017 at 22:38:15 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
I suppose that we could add a tempFile that did what std.stdio.File.scratchFile did but create an empty file and return its path rather than returning a File, though that would be a bit annoying, since you'd then have to open it to operate on it instead of just writing to it. Maybe it would be worth doing though given the stupidity blocking std.stdio.File.scratchFile.

That seems perfectly reasonable to me. Couldn't the function return both the path and the file in a struct? This is something that really should be in Phobos. It's one of those little things that makes D a lot less pleasurable to work with, at least for anyone needing that functionality.