On 2017-06-04 19:05, Patrick Schluter wrote:

buildPath("/usr/bin", "/usr/bin/gcc")

/usr/bin/usr/bin/gcc is obviously wrong.

Says who? It might be exactly what I want. The case that came up is inside DStep. The user provides a set of files C header to be translated to D modules. The user also provides a flag to indicate where to place the resulting files. I wanted to be able to keep the existing directory structure of the header files in the new target location. Example:

dstep -o result /usr/include/libxml2/libxml/*.h

The internals of DStep will do something like:

buildPath("result", "/usr/include/libxml2/libxml");

Which currently results in "/usr/include/libxml2/libxml". The end result is that DStep will try to write a file to "/usr/include/libxml2/libxml", which the user most likely will not have access to (without using sudo). I expected the result of buildPath to be "result/usr/include/libxml2/libxml".

--
/Jacob Carlborg