On Tuesday, 20 June 2017 at 18:51:17 UTC, Moritz Maxeiner wrote:
On Tuesday, 20 June 2017 at 12:09:06 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

LLD, the LLVM linker [1]. As far as I understand it, it also support cross-platform linking. Using LDC, musl and LLD you have a fully working cross-compiler tool chain. You might need some extra libraries as well, depending on what you need.

Hm, so then we could provide a self-contained installer for all major platforms that bundles all you need to get started with D. Neat.

Yes, that's part of the idea behind the ongoing work to integrate LLD into LDC: https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/pull/2142

For Windows, we use the MS C runtime, though, and the legal situation around redistribution seems a bit unclear.

 — David