On 22-08-17 01:38, Johnson wrote:
On Monday, 21 August 2017 at 20:54:04 UTC, Mike Wey wrote:
On 21-08-17 03:45, Johnson Jones wrote:
[...]

If you want gtk to know about the functions you override you could use gtkd.Implement.ImplementCLass.

[...]

Thanks, I'll test it out when I get a chance. I was able to work around the issue for now but I imagine I'll need the ability to implement my own container in the future.

BTW, when I try to create a value I get an error about opCall

Value handleSize = new Value(0);

vs

Value handleSize = Value(0);

I'd rather not create a value on the heap when I only need it locally.

Could you add a way to create the value with the right type to Value?

Even static constructors would work(probably could templatize it).

Although, I'm not sure how much it matters since value itself seems to allocate on the heap ;/

     public this()
     {
         this(new GValue);
     }

But it might help reduce some memory waste.

`Value` is a class so you will need to use `new`.

--
Mike Wey