On 22-08-17 02:13, Johnson wrote:
I can't get the example to work(although slightly modified).

The installed version of GStreamer is 1.12.2
The file is: D:\temp\test.ogg
Setting to PLAYING.
Running.
XError: Could not demultiplex stream. dbug: gstoggdemux.c(4418): gst_ogg_demux_find_chains (): /GstPipeline:audio-player/GstOggDemux:ogg-parser:
can't get first chain

Actually I was getting a much worse error before ;/ I can't remember it now.

The installed version of GStreamer is 1.12.2
The file is: D:\temp\test2.wav
Setting to PLAYING.
Running.
XError: Internal data stream error. dbug: gstwavparse.c(2249): gst_wavparse_loop (): /GstPipeline:audio-player/GstWavParse:wav-parser:
streaming stopped, reason not-linked (-1)

Basically all I did was change the sink:

     sink = ElementFactory.make("autoaudiosink", "auto-output");

So it I could get past the error about alsa. I think the last name doesn't matter?

I downloaded the gstreamer binaries from their site, had some issues with a few of the dll's complaining about gxx errors, I removed them(h264, soundtouch, tag).

For the wav I changed
         //parser = ElementFactory.make("oggdemux", "ogg-parser");
         //decoder = ElementFactory.make("vorbisdec", "vorbis-decoder");
         parser = ElementFactory.make("wavparse", "wav-parser");
         decoder = ElementFactory.make("audioconvert", "wav-decoder");

which, is all i could find on line, I don't know if it's right at all.

Ultimately I want to be able to read somewhat arbitrary audio formats(most common at least), get the raw channel data(samples for each channel), play/pause/stop with good accuracy(no latency or low latency(<20ms), possibly do some pitch shifting and basic mixing(EQ, limiting, panning, etc), and eventually play some videos.

Is GstreamerD going to be useful for this or so I look in to using ffmpeg directly and do some of the stuff(e.g., eq) myself?

Thanks.

The Gstreamer demo should use an `playbin` instead of explicitly setting the pipeline, Like this: https://github.com/gtkd-developers/GtkD/blob/master/demos/gstreamer/helloworld/gstreamer_helloworld.d

This way gstreamer will detect the file type, i don't know if it helps with the errors.

--
Mike Wey