On Wednesday, 30 August 2017 at 22:50:22 UTC, Cecil Ward wrote:
On Wednesday, 30 August 2017 at 22:09:21 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
On Wednesday, 30 August 2017 at 17:16:11 UTC, Cecil Ward wrote:

DIPs are not voted on.

Thanks for letting me know, answers my question.

Our leaders would perhaps find a simple pair of numbers to be a useful additional metric? Demand level, or the opposite, isn't always that obvious, unless you are Professor X.

Unlikely. From my interactions with them, demand or popularity have little to do with their decision making. That was the case even before we had a formalized process.