On Saturday, 2 September 2017 at 21:42:59 UTC, Moritz Maxeiner wrote:
On Saturday, 2 September 2017 at 21:24:19 UTC, Jean-Louis Leroy wrote:
[...]

Yes, these now both fail because you cannot have a module `foo` and a package `foo` at the same time (they share a namespace), I forgot about that.

[...]

(same as before, no issue here)

[...]

You created the 'foo' package by specifying `module foo.bar` in foo/bar.d.

[...]

AFAIK you can't; consider:

-- baz.d ---
import foo;

in the same directory as foo.d. If foo/package.d exists (with `module foo` inside), what should baz.d import? foo.d or foo/package.d? The point being that we could have either used foo/package.d or foo.d for a package file, but not both (as that would allow ambiguity) and package.d was chosen.

[1] https://dlang.org/spec/module.html#package-module

Hmmm I see...I was thinking of spinning the runtime part of my openmethods library into its own module (like here https://github.com/jll63/openmethods.d/tree/split-runtime/source/openmethods) but it looks like a bad idea...