On Friday, 8 September 2017 at 12:10:23 UTC, pezi_pink wrote:
I am having some seemingly basic problems using the TreeWidget from DLangUI on Windows. I posted on the project's gitter channel some time ago but did not get any response.

All I am trying to do is add children to the tree's nodes at runtime. The simple code below attempts to add a new node when a button is pressed. As far as I can tell, the node does indeed get added, since the new node responds to keyboard events, but it does not render. I have tried everything to get it to render, using all the available invalidate/redraw methods, even as far as removing and re-adding the control again to its layout, but nothing seems to work. Any advice would be greatly received!

extern (C) int UIAppMain(string[] args) {
auto window = Platform.instance.createWindow("DlangUI example - HelloWorld", null);
  auto vlayout = new VerticalLayout();
  TreeWidget tree = new TreeWidget("Root");
TreeItem tree2 = tree.items.newChild("machinesroot", "Machines"d, null); auto machine0 = tree2.newChild("machine0", "Machine 0"d, null);
  machine0.newChild("machine0stack", "Stack", null);
  auto btn = (new Button("btn1", "Button 1"d));
  btn.click = delegate(Widget src) {
    // this gets added but does not render
    tree2.newChild("machine1", "Machine 1"d, null);
    return true;
  };
  vlayout.addChild(btn);
  vlayout.addChild(tree);
  window.mainWidget = vlayout;
  window.show();
  return Platform.instance.enterMessageLoop();
}

Thanks

It's known issue:

https://github.com/buggins/dlangui/issues/278