On Thursday, 5 October 2017 at 21:48:20 UTC, WhatMeWorry wrote:

With writing files, that's usually a permissions thing? But all the other 8 packages build fine?

Note: I had a similar problem with derelict-assimp3 package, so I went to an entirely different system and cloned my project. But now it fails with the same error, but with
a different package.

Looks like it may be a system error as a result of the path being too long. I've encountered that a couple times over the years when building projects with dub. What I suggest you try is to remove the offending package(s) from AppData/Roaming/dub/packages, create a new directory off C: (say, C:\dub, manually fetch the packages you need into that directory and use `dub add-local` on them (see an example in the derelict docs [1]), then try to build your project again and see what happens.