Hi,

I want to read passwords from the console (should be work on windows / linux / macos). Adam Ruppe has a quite nice library (terminal.d) which allows to deactivating the echo to the console, which makes sense for passwords.

But I do not get it working with terminal.d nor with std.stdio: readln if it comes to special characters like ö.

The password is saved to a file.
readln will save for "ööö": "x94x94x94\n"
terminal.d will save: CCHCCHCCH

Changing the code page (CHCP 65001) will lead to the effect that empty strings are saved for both (readln, terminal.d)

Does someone already solved this problem and has a solution working on all operation systems?

Kind regadrs
André