On Thursday, 9 November 2017 at 14:21:52 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On 11/8/17 10:45 PM, Andrey wrote:

I just added to dub.json this:

"-ddoxFilterArgs": [
    "--min-protection=Public"
]

i.e. without --only-documented option, in this way ddox will generate documentation for all public methods, even if there is no docstring.

Interesting. I misunderstood then how ddox works. I thought the json it gets is the output from the ddoc generator, but now I realize it's the output from the parser itself.

So sure, this makes sense. Sorry for the misinformation!

-Steve

I don't want to open a new forum thread for this, but if you guys have more experience with ddox can you please explain me how does it work? I expected you can simply run ddox on a .d file and it will output the documentation in some sort of form (json, html or whatever), but from what I saw, you need to pass it the json if you want to use serve-html/generate-html/filter and you have to use dmd to generate the json. Looking on the source code only passing serve-test actually parses the .d file, but the serve-test doesn't seem to be a public parameter.

Thanks in advance,
RazvanN