On Monday, 13 November 2017 at 18:40:42 UTC, Basile B. wrote:

TBH I wonder if this is not worth a enhancement (or even a DIP)
to have in asm blocks a special alias syntax...

{
    asm
    {
        version(...)
        {
           alias First = RDI;
           alias Second = RSI;
           // ...
        }
        else
        {
           alias First = RCX;
           alias Second = RDX;
        }
        mov First, Second;
call aFunctionWithOneParam; // called with 2nd parent param as 1st param

since the whole mixin solution make the custom asm unreadable just because of this problem.

Hi, that would be nice but I won't be holding my breath for such a feature to appear. I have a simple solution - I will just run it past a C pre-processor or maybe a custom one.

Regards
Dibyendu