On Wednesday, 6 December 2017 at 11:02:01 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
If you only want one type, then given n that type; I'm pretty sure that it would be

alias lambda = (int n) => n * n;

if you wanted an int. But if you want to do anything more complicated with it, it would make more sense to just turn it into a proper function template.

- Jonathan M Davis

Roight, I was more thinking along the lines of a little more complicated I guess :)

i.e.:

template lambda(T)
    if (isIntegral!T)
{
    alias lambda = (T n) => n * n;
}

But you're right, if it gets more complicated a proper function is probably better. Plus I just tried and it seems like you can't really constrain a variable template anyway. Unless there's some magic syntax I've overlooked in the docs.

Thanks!

Thanks!