On Saturday, 9 December 2017 at 18:45:18 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
I was thinking that all strings generated at compile-time have a null-terminator added. But then I thought, wait, maybe that's only specifically for string literals.

What is the true answer? If you generate a string, let's say via a CTFE call, does it have a null terminator?

-Steve

The results of CTFE calls are literals. Therefore they are treated the same.
Thus the answer to your question is yes.

However there might be rare corner-cases in which the null termiantor is not there. Should this happen please file a bug and sent me a mail specifically.