On Monday, 15 January 2018 at 15:28:19 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
More concise stuff is possible with heavy compile-time trickery (https://dpaste.dzfl.pl/cd375ac594cf) without incurring dreaded 1+N queries or even any unnecessary SELECT fields.

foreach (u; db.select!User.where!"NOT can_overdraw")
{
    sendMail(u.name, u.mail.addr, u.lendings // no 1+N here
.where!"DATEDIFF(NOW(), end_date) >= 7 AND book.amount < 20")
        .map!(l => l.book.Reminder)); // client side range API
}

This has become even more of a challenge since we plan to make it a @safe @nogc poster child.

If anyone wants to help with this project please contact me.

At the moment reworked @safe @nogc database drivers would be most helpful.
I'll soon publish a small RC, Uniq, Weak library.
Unbuffered IO foundations are already here https://github.com/MartinNowak/io, but not yet practically proven, and still lacking vibe-core scheduler/eventcore integration.

If someone wants to see this happen, but doesn't have enough time to contribute, you could help to crowdfund this work, so I could afford to spent more time working on this.

Get in contact with us for more details.
https://dlang.org/donate.html