On Wednesday, 28 February 2018 at 18:27:49 UTC, Jiyan wrote:
On Wednesday, 28 February 2018 at 18:23:04 UTC, Jiyan wrote:
Hey,
i thought i had understood postblit, but in my Code the following is happening (simplified):

struct C
{
this(this){/*Do sth*/}
list!C;

void opAssign(const C c)
{
 "Postlbit from C called".writeln;
 // Do sth

Sry of course it is

"Postlbit from C called".writeln;     in this(this)
and the c from opAssign should get constructed via postblit. Doesnt it?

I'm not sure I understood your question, so please let me know if this clears things out or not.

The parameter of opAssign will be constructed through a postblit call, but you need to explicitly assign what you want from the parameter inside the instance of _this_ object.