On Tuesday, 13 March 2018 at 06:03:11 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

I think it's a great feature and I use it frequently. It's allows more flexibility in class design. Without it, we'd need another protection attribute to enable the concept of "private to the module".

what about a new access attribute (and no, I haven't though this through much):

owned string _FirstName;

(now the class 'owns' this.

It is neither readable nor writeable outside the boundary of that class.

This retains the existing flexibilty offered by module level encapsulation, while restoring class level encapsulation/ownership.