On Wednesday, 4 April 2018 at 19:19:30 UTC, Ali wrote:
On Wednesday, 4 April 2018 at 18:57:27 UTC, kdevel wrote:
[...]
I think the rules should have been the same everywhere
and if there was an exception to be made, it could be made for the main function
since the main function is special anyway

The main function of a program corresponds to the final paragraph of a novel. I never understood why programmers place this function which possibly depends on all other functions in the translation unit at the beginning.

BTW: You can't write

   void main ()
   {
      x.writeln;
      int x;
   }
   import std.stdio;

There is no reason why the declaration of x should not be postponed.