On Thursday, 12 April 2018 at 07:48:28 UTC, Jamie wrote:
On Thursday, 12 April 2018 at 06:30:25 UTC, Tony wrote:
On Thursday, 12 April 2018 at 05:39:21 UTC, Jamie wrote:

Am I using the -I compiler option incorrectly?

I believe so. I think it is for finding import files, not the files you are compiling.

-I=directory
     Look for imports also in directory

Ahh yes I think you are correct. It sounds silly that I was compiling from a different spot to my file, but it was to demonstrate my situation. Really, it's more like:

A/
 a.d
    module A.a;
    import std.stdio;
    import B.b;
    void main()
    {
        writeln(f(4));
    }
B/
 b.d
    module B.b;
    size_t f(size_t input)
    {
        return input * 2;
    }

And in A/ I'm compiling
    dmd -ofoutput a.d ../B/b.d

and instead I was thinking I could compile with
    dmd -ofoutput a.d -I../B b.d

and would get the same result. The former works, the latter does not. Is there something like this that I can use or do I have to pass all the files with the direct path to them? Thanks

rdmd. from the directory above A and B:

$ rdmd -ofoutput A/a.d