On Friday, 13 April 2018 at 20:50:38 UTC, bauss wrote:
What I'm doing is basically this:
    static foreach (viewResult; generateViewsResult)
    {
      pragma(msg, "Compiling: " ~ viewResult.name);
      mixin(viewResult.source);
      pragma(msg, "Compiled: " ~ viewResult.name);
    }

I would've expect the compiling to be before the error message, but the compiled after the error message.

However it seems like it doesn't do that, but as I can't reproduce it I'm just wondering what causes it.

The compiler is free to examine your source code in any order that produces the same artifacts on success and self-consistent error messages otherwise. In this case, it evaluated the pragmas and the `mixin` in one pass, then the function body in a separate pass.

The best way I've found to debug mixins is to pragma(msg) the code I wanted to mix in, then insert it myself.