On Monday, 7 May 2018 at 22:24:25 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:

I've been considering adding more configuration options where you say something like you don't care if any invalid characters are encountered, in which case, you could cleanly parse past something like an unescaped &, but you'd then potentially be operating on invalid XML without knowing it and could get undesirable results depending on what exactly is wrong with the XML. I haven't decided for sure whether I'm going to add any such configuration options or how fine-grained they'd be, but either way, the current behavior will continue to be the default behavior.

- Jonathan M Davis

I'm not going to ask for that (configuration). I may look into cloning dxml and changing it to parse the badly formed XML.