On Friday, 15 June 2018 at 17:27:13 UTC, bauss wrote:
On Friday, 15 June 2018 at 17:25:18 UTC, wjoe wrote:
On Thursday, 14 June 2018 at 22:27:42 UTC, bauss wrote:
On Thursday, 14 June 2018 at 19:06:07 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote: So in case of a thrown Error, you can catch it and log it to a database.

No, you can't. Once the Error was thrown the program is in invalid state and you can't assume the logging to database will succeed.

Sure you can assume it will succeed, BUT in 9/10 cases it will and in those cases it's worth it.

I do that and it has proven to work every single time for me.

You can't assume it will succeed writing to a log file either.

In either cases you just have to try and hope for the best.

There is a reason that I have not gotten rid of this: http://diamondmvc.org/docs/logging/#database-logging

It just _works_ most of the time and really helpful when you do not have access to the server and/or the standard output/console.