On 14/03/2019 12:16, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 12:05:22PM +0100, spir via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
I desperately try to declare/define/initialise a simple class instance
at module-level. This is a special (conceptually static and immutable)
instance used as a "marker", that just should exist and be accessible
by methods of this class and/or other classes defined in the same
module. (Thus I don't care if TLS.) I use it as a remplacement for
null, to avoid semantic confusion and unhelpful segfaults in case of
bug.

Does this work?

        class C { ... }
        immutable C c0;
        static this() {
                c0 = new C(...);

Oh yes, that was it ! Thank you very much.
diniz