On Tuesday, 2 April 2019 at 11:31:39 UTC, Ron Tarrant wrote:
Today's the day for (yet) another blog post over on gtkDcoding.com and the subjects are:

- the RadioButton, and
- the ColorButton.

You can find it here:
http://gtkdcoding.com/2019/04/02/0023-radio-and-color-buttons.html

Thank you!

But if we want one of the others to be active on start-up, as well as syncing up the observed object, we have to call that button’s setActive(true) function. To simplify this two-step process, I broke it out into its own function, setActiveButton().

The function ignores its argument and always uses member variable button2 instead. Changing the parameter type to MyRadioButton and using 'button' instead of 'button2' in the body works, so you could pass another default in RadioBox.this().

Can somebody explain why getRgba() (apparently inherited from ColorChooser) does take an out parameter instead of returning an Gdk.RGBA?