On Monday, 22 April 2019 at 22:08:33 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
On 04/22/2019 01:45 PM, Andre Pany wrote:
Hi,

following the example from http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/input.html, I try to read a value from console on windows (powershell and dos console).

The code from the example does not work,
writeln is never executed.

import std;

void main()
{
     while(true)
     {
         string name;
         readf("%s", name);
         writeln(name);

also this doesn't work:
readf(" %s", name);

The solution is to use readln, which regrettably comes too late in the book:

  http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/strings.html
Ali

I try to rewrite an example from another language. 4 values are read from console. While readln with strip (and in 2 cases to!int) works fine, it just not looks that good in comparison to the other language.

I wonder wheter std.stdio is missing a readfln function. Which executes readln, strips the #10#13 characters and then executes formattedRead.
Does that make sense to you?

Kind regards
Andre