On Sunday, 19 May 2019 at 12:24:28 UTC, Patrick Schluter wrote:
On Saturday, 18 May 2019 at 21:05:13 UTC, Les De Ridder wrote:
On Saturday, 18 May 2019 at 20:34:33 UTC, Patrick Schluter wrote:
* hurrah for French keyboard which has a rarely used µ key, but none for Ç a frequent character of the language.

<Caps Lock><key marked with '9' on the number row><Caps Lock>

That's the lowercase ç. The uppercase Ç is not directly composable,

No, note that I said <Caps Lock> and not <Shift>. Using <Caps Lock> it
outputs a 'Ç' for me (at least on X11 with the French layout).

There are 2 other characters that are not available on the french keyboard: œ and Œ. Quite annoying if you sell beef (bœuf) and eggs (œufs) in the towns of Œutrange or Œting.

It seems those are indeed not on the French layout at all. Might I
suggest using the Belgian layout? It is AZERTY too and has both 'œ'
and 'Œ'.