On 01/06/2019 3:59 PM, Yatheendra wrote:

Hi people.

The 'version' keyword sounds like a fantastic capability, but how far does DMD take it (and does GDC take it equally far)? This is not a "D Improvement Proposal", I am just asking how it is now.

GDC, LDC and DMD all share the same frontend from DMD.

Can code of multiple versions be compiled into the same executable or library, and a particular one selected from "later"? I guess not without some name mangling and wrangling.

It is not supported.

Think #ifdef and you should get a basic understanding of its scope.