On Tuesday, 18 June 2019 at 02:13:46 UTC, Dave wrote:
Greetings,

This might be totally obvious, but I can't seem to figure out how to specify an executable's name&path to be different for each build types in my DUB package. For example, if my project is named "dlang_test", I might want something like so:

dub build --build=debug

yields either

bin/dlang_test-debug.exe

or possibly

bin/debug/dlang_test.exe

if I did

dub build --build=release

I might get either

bin/dlang_test-release.exe

or

bin/release/dlang_test.exe

When I read the section on build types (https://dub.pm/package-format-json.html#build-types), it specifically mentions that a "buildTypes" entry can override the build settings, but *not* "targetName" and "targetPath", which is what I think I want here.

Is there any reason why this is disallowed? Or is there a more canonical way of achieving this with DUB? What I described above is often found in other build tools, such as CMake and Visual Studio, which makes me think I'm missing something obvious here.

Thanks!

You can specify the names by adding a configuration "debug" and a configuration "unittest". While dub is using the first configuration in the list as default configuration for command "dub build" it will use configuration "unittest" for command "dub test".

Kind regards
Andre