On Monday, 29 July 2019 at 22:17:55 UTC, WhatMeWorry wrote:
This is a very stupid question but from Ali's book, I took this segment:

writeln("Résumé preparation: 10.25€");
writeln("\x52\ésum\u00e9 preparation: 10.25\€");

and after running it all I get is the following:

Résumé preparation: 10.25€
Résumé preparation: 10.25€

I was expecting the symbol "£" or something like that. What am I missing?

In my Windows 10 build 1803 I was able to find a box to check to globally use the UTF-8 code page. Checking it requires a restart as it says the locale has changed.

Settings>Time&Language>Region&Language>Administrative_Language_Settings
brings up a Region dialog, and clicking on "Change system locale..." brought up a dialog where this box can be checked.

After doing this the console acted sensibly right away with the code you wrote.