On Saturday, 7 September 2019 at 22:19:48 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Saturday, September 7, 2019 3:40:58 PM MDT Exil via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
On Saturday, 7 September 2019 at 17:22:07 UTC, Jonathan M Davis

wrote:
> @safe:
> @system:
>
> then @system overrides @safe.

Just to add onto this, you can't do:

     @safe @system void foo(); // error

but you can do:

     extern(C++, ns1) extern(C++, ns2) void foo(); // ok

It makes no sense to apply multiple namespaces to the same symbol. I expect that this behavior is due to a lack of testing (the same with the out of order weirdness in the other post). It's the sort of thing that you test when you're trying to make sure that the feature does the right thing when people use it incorrectly, not the sort of thing when you're trying to make sure that the feature works as intended, so it's easy to forget.

My guess is that this behavior leaked its way in due to the fact that you need to be able to put multiple extern(C++) declarations on a symbol when you use extern(C++, struct) or extern(C++, class) in addition to the
extern(C++) for the namespace.

- Jonathan M Davis

You don't need to make guesses or assumptions. It most definitely was intentional.

https://github.com/dlang/dmd/commit/4b2578e208f2af9a02159fc2d8d87fb17b09005e#diff-62dcb5f0ffc3089b7565897d8beb3322R617

By the looks of it, this feature was also implemented before extern(C++, struct/class).