On Saturday, 14 September 2019 at 10:14:19 UTC, psyscout wrote:
On Friday, 13 September 2019 at 23:47:00 UTC, Joel wrote:
[...]

I had a similar issue with crazy CPU consumption when I used VS Code. The root cause for me was "autosave" and "build on save" settings turned on simultaneously. Basically, it was trying to build the entire project every time save happened, and it was frequent enough to overwhelm the CPU.

The fix was in: File=>Preferences=>Settings, Then extensions=>D:Enable Dub Linting, have to be disabled (unchecked).

Hopefully, this helps.

Thanks psyscout - I'm now trying that. On my machine, I used [command]+[,] to get to settings.