On Saturday, 16 November 2019 at 10:28:58 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
On Saturday, 16 November 2019 at 07:24:50 UTC, GreatSam4sure wrote:
[...]

What does "powerful" mean? I sure as heck wouldn't call Java a powerful language for interacting with C code, for instance.

This kind of discussion is not likely to be fruitful. Most participants will have a limited understanding of both languages, terms like powerful will go undefined, and claims will be based on anecdotes rather than data. If you want to compare languages, you need to start by figuring out what you want to do, then you need to decide which language will help you get there the easiest, which is the best option for long-term maintenance, and so on. A language's power (whatever that means) is not going to be a big factor in that decision.

Thanks, I was shock with the claim because I have knowledge of both languages