On Tuesday, 3 December 2019 at 09:44:20 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
On Tuesday, 3 December 2019 at 08:47:45 UTC, Andrea Fontana wrote:
On Tuesday, 3 December 2019 at 07:24:31 UTC, Basile B. wrote:

    A testA()
    {
return alwaysReturnNull(); // Tnull can be implictly converted to A
    }

still nice tho.

Why not [1]?

[1] typeof(null) alwaysReturnNull() { ... }

Andrea

Yeah nice, that works instead of auto.

That reminds me of the discussion about TBottom.

You see what surprises me here is that we cannot express the special type that is `TypeNull` and that can only have one value (`null`) so instead we have to use `auto` or `typeof(null)`.

Making this type public would make the logic more clear: when `null` is used it's not a value but rather a value of a type that is convertible to all pointers or reference types.