On Sunday, 29 December 2019 at 14:41:46 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
Whilst many programmers are happy using 1970s approaches

Please. Have you actually spent the time to learn these systems in the last 40 years?

My experience is IDEs are just different, not necessarily better or worse. Just different enough that people used to one find the others difficult to learn.

why getting the D language plugin to CLion (and IntelliJ IDEA) is important for D traction.

When I tried loading a D file in android studio, the IDE offered to auto install a D language plugin.

I'm incompetent with IDEs so I can't speak to the quality of it, but it is there.