On Saturday, 7 March 2020 at 10:49:24 UTC, Paolo Invernizzi wrote:
On Saturday, 7 March 2020 at 09:31:27 UTC, JN wrote:
Do we have any cool name for Dub packages?

tapes.

Rust has 'crates'
Crystal has 'shards'
Python has 'wheels'
Ruby has 'gems'

Frankly, I simply hate all that shuffle around names ... it's so difficult to understand people when it's referring to them ...we already had to remember a gazillion on things, including horrible ubuntu names instead of simple numbers! :-)

That's something else, it's more related to the internal codename.
Very common for Operating systems. I've seen usage for other software.
Often they are forgotten quickly.

Packages are ... well packages!

:-P

/P