On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 12:06:33 +1300, Brad Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Walter Bright wrote:
Tim M wrote:
I think you're thinking of Java. Those guys are shit scared of public
properties. Get & Set for everything.

I never really understood the fear of that, either.

Getters/Setters makes up for lack of 'const'.  Can't change it if
there's no setters.  Also, setters are important for all of java's
reflection systems, especially the IoC systems such as spring.

Later,
Brad

Thats not what I mean. I meant a simple property that should have read/write access but has a get and set which do nothing extra. I never meant for this sort of thing to start. We could argue for years the advantages & disadvantages of get & set methods and still not come to a conclusion. It's just not worth it.