Russell Lewis, el  2 de diciembre a las 09:57 me escribiste:
> PRE-SCAN
>
> Before the mark & sweep runs, *every one* of these callbacks is called.
> These are for things which the program can give up with very little
> cost, such as emptying free pools in allocators.  Since this happens
> before the scan, you do *not* have to use explicit "delete"s; you can
> just drop references as normal.  After all of these callbacks are
> called, the mark & sweep runs, and we hope that it will find some
> newly-discarded regions.

I think one could benefit from manually deleting stuff, if possible. This
way, space can be found before the collection, and you saved yourself some
collecting time. Manually deleting stuff could remain optional, no problem
with that, so if you have data that it's not that trivial to decide if
it's unused, you can just leave that work to the collector.

> Thoughts?

Looks really interesting. This could be a perfect complement to a way to
ask for memory when you expect the memory allocation to fail.

People love to judge homeless guys.
Like, your giving him money he's just gonna waste it.
He's just gonna waste the money
Well, he lives in a box, what do you want him to do?
Save up and buy a wall unit?
Take a little run to the store for a throw rug and a CD rack?
He's homeless.