Michiel Helvensteijn wrote:
[Condensed: syntax sucks, let's introduce more!]

I might be old fashioned (get offa mah lawn!), but I've always found something like the following quite acceptable:

class Foo
{
    mixin(properties
    ("
        rw int bar;
        ro float baz;
        wo Foo zyzzy;
    "));
}

I know I had a CTFE function lying around that would parse that and generate the code for it. I agree that C# has a nicer syntax for this, but with CTFE/templates and string mixins, we can have whatever syntax we damn well want.

Hell, I used this in a prototype game engine to generate CVars; it'd generate the properties, the backing store, the hooking code, event registration, etc. One line generated about 10-20 lines of boilerplate for me; C# can't do that!

Why change the language when you can just abuse it's already-existing features? :D

  -- Daniel "downs is my hero"