Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
IUnknown wrote:
Regarding Phobos + Tango, the minimum I expect is things like
containers, algorithm and common math stuff to be in one core module.

This is already bound to be an issue because there is disagreement on how e.g. containers should look like (Java-style vs. STL-style). Which should be chosen? This naturally influences how algorithms are defined.

Andrei

The analogy with KDE vs Gnome doesn't seem valid to me -- most libraries will work regardless of which GUI library is chosen. Programmers can still rely on the Posix and C standard libraries.

Can we work out the math stuff at least? There's no difference between Phobos and Tango there. All we need is an agreement on common module naming (eg, create core.math).

By the way, Andrei, this is exactly the kind of attitude which I was ranting about. There are clear areas of duplicated code (fortunately much of it is in druntime now), and even Tango's containers still seem to be in a state of flux (the old container library is deprecated, and very little of Tango is currently using containers).
Everyone -- can we be productive instead of dismissive, please?