I remember reading something about a D to C compiler on this group a few years
ago. (I'm not really a regular here anymore, so there might have been more
recent mentions that I've missed.) Does anyone know if there's any such project
still around that's alive or could be revived? Or if there's any other viable
solutions for converting D to C (or C++)?

The reason I would want to do this is to port D code to currently non-supported
platforms. This is especially important for game projects (like my own
monsterscript project) - most game console SDKs take C/C++ and nothing else.
The C/C++ output wouldn't have to be nice or even human readable - just
compilable. It would only be used as a middle step in the compilation process
for these platforms.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Nico