Hello Don,

bearophile wrote:

Don:

I requested module-scope static if, and Walter said "that's probably
almost impossible to implement", but he did it anyway <g>.

Walter does almost the impossible, sometimes. I'll have to remember
this :-)

Bye,
bearophile
The traditional way to get an engineer to do something, is to tell him
you believe it's impossible. Works very well with Walter.
Also Walter tends not to promise to do something, unless he's already
finished it <g>.

So I assume it must follow that engineers should never be taught computational complexity theory... determining that a problem is intractable might affect their attempts at ingenious solutions that shouldn't exist. :D

-JJR