Jason House wrote:
Walter Bright wrote:

Jason House wrote:
Walter Bright Wrote:

Jason House wrote:
Apparently, setting an array length to -1 will cause this issue.
It's unfortunate to not have a stack trace in the error output,
or a functional gdb to capture it!  I really hope gdb
compatiblity will be fixed :(
What's wrong with gdb?
See my issue 2575 in bugzilla. I worked with a gdb developer to
diagnose the issue immediately prior to submitting the bug report.

IIRC, gdb can't determine where the code is because some kind of top
level offset is missing. Reading my bug report should be more helpful
than my memory.
thanks

I see you did post questions to the bugzilla report, and I did provide a response with what details I could deduce without a gdb dev helping me. Do you have enough information to work through the issue?

Given how I currently have a program currently behaves differently with or without the -release flag, I'm extra motivated to get gdb working...

I think they gave you basically useless information. I'll have to figure it out by guesswork.