Walter Bright wrote:
Georg Wrede wrote:
I've still got this computer, in mint condition!

I designed, soldered, and wire-wrapped together my first computer around a 6800 microprocessor, wrote the rom software, etc. Those days are long gone.

Alas, they are! Today kids won't do that with a quad-core...

Incidentally, I just realized why I've had such a problem with hello.d at ~200k. It doesn't fit on a Kaypro floppy!!!

In the old days one had the OS and dozens of programs on one. I need to start thinking outside the floppy ^h^h^h^h^h box.

(Oh, the last D2 makes a much smaller hello, thanks!)