John Simon wrote:
I'd like to propose a new use for the 'scope' keyword within an aggregate body.

Members of class type declared with the scope keyword are allocated not as
references or pointers, but initialized directly inside the container.  Instead
of a default initializer of 'null', it will initialize with the default
constructor of the class, or an optional assignment after the declaration. Any
'new [type]' within the assignment will resolve to a simple call to the type's
__ctor, instead of a memory allocation.

A while back, Walter said that he planned to do exactly this. I'm not sure what the timetable is though, or if plans have changed.